Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fitness instructor

I am currently thinking about enrolling in the YMCA's Fitness certification classes to either be certified as a personal trainer or a group fitness instructor. Not sure which one yet, but I think at this point I am leaning more towards the group fitness instructor certification. I am looking at a September start time, when the summer is over and the kids go back to school.

Fitness is a very important aspect in my life. I work out 5-6 days a week, getting in a minimum of 1 hour a day, pushing lately for 2 hours a day. I feel strong, and healthy, and it would be a great to help someone else get to this point in their life and help them become strong and healthy and fit.

My co-worker suggested I take this course back in October and I wasn't so sure, but lately I have been thinking about it more. Even with the kids getting older, I still want to be home with them, help them, be there for them. Can I take on something more?

This could be a new adventure with many pros such as doing something I love, being able to make my own work schedule and being able to work and be home with the kids at the same time giving me the best of both worlds, which I basically have now.

It would open the door for more opportunities maybe not now, but in the future. I think my only concern is taking on too much and being too busy.

Any comments.

1 comment:

Rhona said...

Go for it! To me, there is nothing wrong with adding a bit more to life. This would be for you really as people go to fitness classes for themselves therefore you are helping you helping them (in a round about way). I honestly can't see why you should not persue this. Let me know what you decide. My friend did it also but she didn't like it because she felt weird instructing people but maybe you will have a good time. Who knows. Also, having more education/certification is never a bad thing. That's my thoughts on this. Also, your children are not going to be small forever. That's my 2 cents.