Sunday, February 22, 2009

Just for Girls Amazing Body Growing Up

A friend and I were talking about our kids yesterday. K is afraid to watch movies, and it stems from something she saw last year on the internet. I have written a few blogs about her fears and anxieties. Her daughter as well is afraid to watch movies. We got to the subject of movies in school. K watches movies in health and science related to whatever subject they might be working on. Next year in health they will be talking about sexual education, and I was worried the movies will scare her. My friend told me about this great book she got her daughter called, Just for Girls amazing body growing up, she got it at Costco and there is one there for boys too, they are under $7 each. I will pick up both books for the kids. I think with K turning 9 in May, that the time has come to start talking little by little about changes that will start to happen to her as she starts changing into a woman. Instead of having the "talk" like we did with our mothers, this would be open for anytime discussion and slowly start looking through the book and answering questions.

No comments: