Friday, August 8, 2008

Back from vacation

Well we are home, and very glad to be sleeping in our nice comfortable bed.
We had a fun time while we were away. Here is a run down of our vacation.

Sunday, Day 1- We left home about 9am, made a pit stop at the Tim Horton's to pick up a treat for the kids, and then headed out to Haliburton. This is our first visit to my Uncle's cottage. I am not a camper or a cottager. I like the outdoors, but I like to be in my own home at the end of the day. I thought we should go once as we are invited up every year. So this is the year we go. The drive was long and windy, but we arrived in about 3 1/4 hours. When we arrived, we looked around, and had lunch and then the kids went out on the boats, and fished. I played some horseshoes with my dad and uncle and had a nice time. We had a late dinner, and then cooked some marshmallows over the fire. It was a nice day.
The night was long, as the bedroom we were in was open to the family room, where my nieces were sleeping and we listened to the creaks and moans of the air mattresses all night long.

Monday, Day 2- It is a beautiful day. We wake up and have breakfast, shower and change, and then we are out on the water practically all day. C fished all day and K was out on the paddle boat all day. She learned to steer it all by herself and was quite pleased. The day went by quickly. We had a early dinner and we hit the road around 6pm. I was feeling like I was on a boat the whole drive to Orangeville, I guess that's what happens when you are on the water alot.
We arrived in Orangeville around 8pm. We stayed with friends of my sisters, as she is dog sitting while they are away. They have a beautiful home just outside Orangeville, with a hot tub and pool. When we arrived we hopped int he hot tub. The water was a bit discolored. When I asked my sister why, she said it was because the kids run from the pool to the hot tub and it is full of grass. We headed to bed late that night and had another horrible night, on a creaky, small hard bed.

Tuesday, Day 3- We are tired, but the kids were up early. We headed out about 930am to Toronto to hit the Ontario Science Center. As soon as we arrived, K was having an anxiety attack because she was afraid something inside this place was going to scare her. God, She is such a sensitive child. I don't know what I am going to do with her. I assured her, it was like the science museum we have at home. She ended up having a great time. The Toronto Science center is great and you can definitely spend a good part of your day there. If you are ever in Toronto, you have to check it out. We headed home about 3pm, to miss any traffic and arrived back by about 4pm. We had dinner and took the kids to walmart to pick birthday presents for them from my sister. We headed home, and the weather cleared and we spent some time in the hot tub. We hit the bed early, and slept a bit better

Wednesday, Day 4- We had a nothing day today. Husband and I went for a run this morning and then we hung by the pool all day, my niece invited a friend over, the kids swam and played, and sat in the hot tub. The hot tub was more colored today and smelled funny. We banned our kids from being in there, as we noticed K and C had a rash all over their back and chest and think it is from the hot tub. We headed to my sisters house in the evening, and hung out there for a bit, and did a bit of shopping and then home.

Thursday, Day 5- The kids still have the rash, and it is now behind their ears, on their necks and a bit on their faces. No one else has the rash, so we are not sure what it is. The kids say it is a bit itchy, but if it gets worse at home, I will take them to the doctor. The weather in Orangeville today is cold, and rainy and we are suppose to be heading to the zoo. I check the radar and Toronto looks fine. So we decide to go. We drive through Orangeville, Brampton and Mississauga and most of Toronto and it was still raining. When we arrive at the zoo, we are under sunny skies and the day was perfect. It was hotter than we thought it was going to be, but when the clouds covered the sun, it was cool. The zoo was great, another hot spot to hit, if you are ever visiting Toronto. I think they have done a terrific job setting it up and appealing to the younger and older generations. I would go back again for sure. We bought our tickets from Shoppers Drug Mart and saved a bit of money. Our tickets included the zoo mobile which was definitely worth the money, saves a bit of walking and if you are tired, you can take a break and do the whole tour. We left the zoo around 6pm and started our journey home to Ottawa. We arrived home around 930pm, unloaded the car and hit the hay.

I do enjoy vacationing but I love coming home :)

1 comment:

rhonalala said...

Glad to have you back. Chat with you Monday. Rest u!