Sunday, January 18, 2009

XC skiing

I got XC skis for Christmas and have been able to try them out a few times. I haven't XC skied in years and years, so this is like a learning experience again for me.

The first time out, I fell 5 times, mostly on any type of hill.
I am not a down hill skier, and wanted to sign the whole family up for lessons this year, but ended up not because I would rather take the $1000 it would cost us for 6 weeks of ski lessons and put it towards our flight to Florida. Yep, you heard me right, $1000. Down hill Skiing is an expensive sport. Way too pricey for my liking.

The second time out, I fell 2 times, in the same spot. I swear my skis are possessed. Seriously, they have a mind of their own.

The third time out, I did not fall and I am getting better. What is that saying "Third times a charm"

It will take me some time get use to the being on skis and the different way to move, but I do enjoy it. It is alot of fun, and a good work out. I am sure by next Christmas I will be XC ski pro.

No comments: