Monday, February 23, 2009

My electric blanket

I am always cold, especially at night. Trying to be money savvy and keep my heating bill at a reasonable cost, I keep the temperature of my house at 19C(66F) and by 8pm, my thermostat switches over to sleep mode where I have set the temperature to 15C(59F). I am sure you are thinking, 15C, this person is crazy, but we sleep under blankets and we are warm. We have never woken up a night, cold. If I had all the money in the world, my house would always be 24C(75F). I like to be warm.

In the summer, we rarely use our air conditioner, because I want to be warm. From October - May I am always cold, so in the summer months, the only time my house surpasses 19C, I love it. I will only turn on the air, when we get a really hot humid spell, and I don't like humid heat, it is very uncomfortable, I prefer a dry heat.

My husband's nickname for me is Lizard. I love the heat and sun. Come on, who doesn't?

These long cold Ottawa Winters are brutal. I wish we had long summers, like we have long winters. Global warming, where are you?

Quite a few years ago, my wonderful husband bought me an electric blanket.
This is one of the best gifts I have ever received. I snuggle up under this blanket practically every night in the fall,winter and spring.

My electric blanket helps make these long cold winter nights bearable. I don't sleep with it though, because our new comforter, which is super light, is also super warm. Not sure what they are making these blankets with but they are great.

I have a friend who bought an electric blanket this year, and LOVES it too..

If you are like me, and love to be warm, get yourself an electric blanket. It will be one of your best investments.

What would I do without my blanket? It is my way of keeping warm without breaking the bank.

No comments: