Friday, February 6, 2009

What a workout

I am big on keeping physically fit. I live for my workouts. I love doing them and the boost it gives me after wards. Lately I have been upping the amount of time I spend working out. I like to make sure I at least get in 30 minutes a day whether it be running, walking, elliptical or lately XC skiing as we here in Ottawa are in the cold bitter months of winter. 30 minutes is my workout minimum.

Lately I have been getting in a workout for a good hour, sometimes split over 2 - 30 minute workouts, if I have something scheduled, but I make the time to fit it in while the kids are in school.

Yesterday, I did the longest workout ever in one shot. I worked out 1.5 hours. I did 15 minutes on the elliptical, then 15 minutes walking on the treadmill, another 15 minutes on the elliptical and then I thought I would do another 15 minute walk on the treadmill, but instead I did a 15 minute run, and then another 30 minute walk after that. Then I worked on my push ups( 2 sets of 30) and then my sit ups (2 sets of 50).

I think the 1.5 hours was a little too much, as I felt a little sluggish after wards and not having the same energy boost as usual.

It was a good workout. I am working out again today. I think I will run 30 minutes+ and then ski this afternoon for about an hour, as we are suppose to get some nice mild weather..

No comments: