Thursday, April 2, 2009

Is the Easter bunny real?

The kids are counting the days down until the Easter bunny comes.
My two have started to question if the Easter bunny is real.

They are coming to the age (7&9) when their friends and classmates are starting to say things that make them question whether he is real or not, like -

my mom hides the eggs in our house.
The Easter bunny isn't real, neither is Santa.
My dad told me that their is no such thing as an Easter bunny.
My sister says mom and dad hide the eggs.

These are the things they are hearing, and they question me on them. I don't want to lie to them, because they have been taught not to lie, and frankly, I am not sure I want them to stop believing just yet, I want them to be stay young a little while longer, and I don't want to spoil the fun and fantasy of the whole holiday.

So when questioned this, by my children, I simply said to them, well, do you believe? They said yes.

Eventually and of course it will come, hopefully not for a while yet, but they will just be the wiser and know that it has been mom and dad that hid the eggs, and filled their stockings and put money under their pillows when they lost their teeth. Is that so bad?

I am not ready to admit to them just yet, that yes, it is us, your mom and dad that did this for you. I want them to believe for as long as they want to believe. There is nothing wrong with that!!

No comments: