Sunday, April 19, 2009

Whine, whine, whine... When will it end!

My lovely and most wonderful children have caught the whine bug. I am hoping it won't last too long, but they seem to whine about everything lately.

If we have to run an errand, they whine.
If we want to go for a family walk together, they whine.
A nice bike ride on these beautiful spring days, they whine.
When video game time is up, they whine for more time.
They whine when they are bored, even though they have a houseful of toys to play with.
They whine that they have no one to play with, even though they have each other.
They whine when I ask them to do something.
They whine at each other.
They whine 2 minutes after a meal that they are hungry.

They whine about this and whine about that, it is truly and utterly driving me to the brink of insanity lately.

I don't know about you other moms out there, but whining to me, is one of the most difficult and trying behaviors a parent must endure. I try to ignore the whining, I try to not loose my cool, but in the end, I break down, and get angry, and frustrated and feel at my wits ends.

Today they lost all their Easter chocolates until their behavior changes for the better. Hopefully this helps, if not, I will be following the old saying:

When Kids Whine, have some wine!

1 comment:

Betsy Mae said...

Oh for me its the relentless asking for things even after I've told them no...drives me nuts.