Saturday, April 12, 2008

Another birthday party.

I am in the midst of planning my daughters birthday party. Her party will be held in the next few weeks. Her theme is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and she is very excited.
In a previous blog I wrote how I was cutting back on the amount of kids my children can invite, and trying not to buy junky toys for loot bag items but to keep the price to a minimum of $2 each child. I think I did a pretty good job on her loot bags. Again I did go over a little bit, but I think in this day and age and the cost of things I did a pretty good job.

My daughter has a total of 13 kids, which next year will be cut in half. It was hard this year, because there are some siblings that my daughter plays with and we couldn't cut them out. So we included them. Next year it will be her 6 closest friends.

For loot bags,
Each girl will receive a
hula hoop -$1
skipping rope -$1
lik-a-maid treat -$0.50
Total girl loot bag = $2.50X10 girls = 22.50

Each boy will receive a
golf club -$1
set of 3 gliders -$1
lik-a-maid treat -$0.50
Total boy loot bag= $2.50X3 boys= $7.50

Total spent on loot bags = $30.00

I think I did a pretty good job. I am set. I just have to ribbon the loot bag items as they are too big to fit in a bag. I have bought the decorations, the cake mix and all that is left is making the cake, decorating and setting up a craft in which we are collecting toilet paper rolls right now for.
Should be a fun time.

No comments: