Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Job Jar

I just introduced the job jar to my children. Every day they are to pick one thing from the job jar and complete the task on top of still keeping their rooms tidy.
I have tried chore charts before and they have not worked, they get excited at first, but then they could care less.
The job jar is fun, because you get to pick a ticket out and see what job you get.
My kids have all day to complete the job.
A friend of mine started it, and I liked it so thought I would give it a try, and so far it has been successful. The kids love it. They don't always love the job, but they like to pick the job out.

Jobs I have chosen for them to complete are:
Wiping down the bathroom counters
Brushing the cats
Emptying the dishwasher
Drying the dishes
Sweeping the floor
Cleaning the front door and back door, as they get really dirty
Dusting their bedrooms
Cleaning the basement playroom
Cleaning their rooms, making sure everything is in its proper spot

and the list goes on...
I can add to it whenever I think of a good job for them to complete. So far girl has complained a few times, but she has completed them. Boy is liking it and can't wait to get his $2 on Friday.

No comments: