Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Work out Mom

I like to keep in shape. I have been working out for 6 years. I enjoy working out. It gives me an energy boost that last the whole day. It is also a great way to relieve stress.

I started after C was born. I had my 6 week check up and saw my weight. Post 2 pregnancies.
I started weight watchers on my own when a friend lent me all her stuff and taught me how to work the program. She had been through it herself. I started working out as well. We bought a stationary bike and I vowed I would ride 5 times a week.
It seemed pretty simple, but It took me a week to get into the groove of it, and 4 months later I had lost 24 pounds and I was feeling pretty good about myself. Four months of watching what I eat and counting points and I was thrilled with the results. I stopped the dieting, but I continued with the working out.

For the most part, I would work out at nap time. I would also walk in the evenings when husband was home. As the kids grew older, I changed my routine accordingly. I can now workout in the mornings while the kids are having breakfast and watching a little bit of TV. When school started, I would work out during school hours. I will continue with this tradition when the new school year starts in September.

Once you get into working out and see how well it makes you feel, you want to keep doing it. You see results too. Since I started running, I noticed alot of stomach muscles that I didn't realize were there before. It has helped keep me lean over the years and best of all, no more counting points and I can have little treats on a daily basis and it's OK.

I like to change things up a bit, so I will either run, walk, elliptical, Rollerblade or bike.

Working out is important to me, and will keep with it for as long as possible.

No comments: