Thursday, August 21, 2008

A first sleepover

Last night K had her very first sleepover away from home. She has had many sleepovers at our house, but this is the first time, she has slept at a friends house.

I was shocked she wanted to go on a sleepover, since she has always been such a shy and clingy girl, but she feels comfortable enough with her friend and her parents, that I guess she felt OK to go. I guess she is slowly starting to come out of her shell. I think it is great. I was very happy last night, that she wanted to go, but wasn't sure what to expect. Was she going to call us in the middle of the night to come home?

I was happy when I went to bed last night that I didn't get a phone call to come and pick her up. Which made me think she must be having a great time.
This morning she arrived home, and had a good night. She didn't like the KD for dinner or the muffin for breakfast and she cried a little before bed time, but she had a great time. I was very proud of her, as it is a big step to stay at someone else's house overnight.

No comments: