Monday, November 10, 2008

Painting up a storm

I have started painting my house. So far I have done a nice rich chocolate brown behind my bed, and re-painted the en suite bathroom a nice warm caramel. Then I repainted 2 accent walls in my work out room the same color as the bathroom. I have just completed my kids bathroom a nice shade of blue and will venture next into my sons bedroom. I have filled the thousands of holes from him playing in there. His room will be a nice light cream color, and a deep blue. It should look really nice. After his room I am going to repaint my family room a taupe color. I think I might do the fireplace wall, the same chocolate brown as in my bedroom, we will see though. I plan on completing all this painting by end of November, so I better get busy. Once December comes, I am focusing on Christmas..

Well I started on the family room, instead of my son's room, because it was easier. I did the rich chocolate brown as an accent wall behind the fireplace and I love it. I wasn't sure at first, but once I put on the first coat and stood back, what a difference it made. Dark colors as accents make the room feel more warm and welcoming. So I am very happy with my decision to do this. I have filled the holes, sanded and primed, the rest of the family room. I will get to painting it in the next couple days. So that will be another room down and one more to go. I have completed the family room this weekend. It looks great. It is alot darker than it was before, but feels so warm. I also started C's room and have now completed and put it back together. It looks good. With the cream color on two walls and blue on 2 walls makes the room look a bit longer and larger than it really is.

I HAVE COMPLETED MY PAINTING

No comments: