Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fear and Anxiety

I posted a while back about my daughter and how she is fearful and experiences anxiety. You can read up on it here. Well we are going through issues again.

It started last weekend, and I thought it was because a whole bunch of family members were over, but she said it was because her baby cousin was touching her stuff in her room. I don't think that was the reason, because her baby cousin was here a few days later, and she was fine with her touching things. I knew there was something else going on.

This weekend, she started again. She starts crying just at random and we don't know why. She finally told us, she was thinking of something she saw on the internet last year, that freaked her out.

SO again it feels like we are back at square one with this. She says she will try to read a book when her mind thinks about it, but if it continues into the next few months, I have told her she will have to go the Doctor, which has upset her too.

My thinking is, she will definitely need some professional intervention to help her deal with her fears and anxiety. She is only 8 years old, and I am at a loss as to what to do to help her. HELP!

No comments: