Monday, February 2, 2009

February Challenge recipes

I am going to list here all the recipes I create this month from the Loony spoons cookbook for my February challenge. This is a great recipe book focusing on low fat cooking.

I will list recipe name, page number and my rating out of 3 stars.
3*** really good - will make again
2** not bad, not sure if I will make again
1* not good. Will not make again

Recipe #1
Oriental Express - Page 81 - Star rating - ***
*I liked this recipe, but it was a bit too spicy for my liking. My husband loved it, and the kids wouldn't touch it. Typical. I will make it again, but next time less on the hot pepper sauce.*

Recipe #2 - (yep, another chicken recipe)
Wowie Maui Chicken - Page 88 - star rating - **
*I am not sure about this recipe. It was just OK, It really didn't make a big impression on me. Husband again loved it and he has plenty of leftovers for lunches, and the kids would not go near it.*

Recipe #3
Mac Attack - Page 86 - Star rating - **1/2
*I am rating this one 2 and a half stars, because I would make it again. I didn't use sharp cheddar cheese like the recipe called for, because I didn't have any, and I found there was not much flavor to the dish. It really needed the sharp cheddar. The recipe was very good overall. I had to use a little imagination, as I didn't have any bread crumbs for the topping, so I put 1 package of Melba toast in my food processor and zipped it up and made home made bread crumbs.*

Recipe #4
On Top of Old Smokey - Page 82 - Star rating-**
* I am not sure about this recipe. I wasn't too keen on the turkey meatballs. Everything else was good. I think if I make it again, I will use ground beef instead. *


No comments: