Sunday, March 22, 2009

Are you ready to live the life of a Pirate

When I was looking up things to do with the kids on our recent trip to Panama City Beach, I found this great pirate adventure out on a boat where you dress up and get to be a pirate for a few hours complete with treasure hunting using a map and water canons to fight off the bad pirates. Unfortunately during our time there, they were not ready to set sail.

Going through our local city newspaper yesterday I found something similar right here in Ottawa. I checked their website and it sounds pretty similar to the adventure that was offered in Panama City, but here at home on the Rideau Canal. I think my kids will enjoy this and will have to try it out this spring/summer.

Here are some details:

Name: Pirate adventures
Website : http://pirateadventures.ca/index.html
Sails from: 588 Hogs Back Road north of Mooney's Bay Beach
Ship sets sail: Mid May and runs about 6 times per day. Reservations are recommended.
Special: Save 15% off regular rates when booking weekdays only from May 16-June 20.

Fun times to be had aboard the Pirate ship. Children will get to wear pirate gear, tattoos, and have their face painted.

I think this summer we will have to live the life of a pirate, for a day! Arrrr!!!

No comments: